Tuesday, September 21, 2010

MAX

Max (Maximum Ride, #5)Max by James Patterson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What I liked: Have I mentioned that the author wastes no time getting into the action? [no? how remiss of me] The humor and attitude that make these characters and stories so great continues strong in this installment of the series.

What I didn't like: The plot was fuzzy and, hello, cliffhanger.

Final Thoughts: While I'm looking forward to the next book release, I'm hoping that time will pass in "book world" so that we can see these kids as grownups.

Pub. Date: January 2010

Synopsis: Maximum Ride and the other members of the Flock have barely recovered from their last arctic adventure, when they are confronted by the most frightening catastrophe yet. Millions of fish are dying off the coast of Hawaii and someone-or something-is destroying hundreds of ships. Unable to discover the cause, the government enlists the Flock to help them get to the bottom of the disaster before it is too late.

While Max and her team are exploring the depths of the ocean, their every move is being carefully tracked by Mr. Chu-a criminal mastermind with his own plans for the Flock. Can they protect themselves from Mr. Chu's army of mercenaries and save the ocean from utter destruction?


Recommended Reading:
The Final Warning by James Patterson
Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson
School's Out Forever by James Patterson
Fang by James Patterson
The Angel Experiment by James Patterson

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...