Friday, September 10, 2010

The Final Warning

The Final Warning (Maximum Ride, #4)The Final Warning by James Patterson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What I liked: As usual there was no waiting for the action. Max is starting to act like a teenage girls in many ways.
What I didn't like: Some of the situations are too easily or quickly ended. About the time I get myself ready for a battle, the situation falls short of my expectations. The story is starting to lose some of the "family" feeling there was in the beginning.
Final Thoughts: I still enjoy this series and look forward to the next book.

Pub. Date: January 2009

Synopsis: Fourteen-year-old Maximum Ride and the other members of the "Flock"--Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman and Angel--are just like ordinary kids--only they have wings and can fly.
Max returns in book 4 of the series in a chilling adventure unlike any other. Safe havens for the six highly-sought-after winged kids have become increasingly hard to find-so the flock takes refuge in Antarctica with a team of environmentalists studying the effects of global warming. In this remote wilderness-whether pursued by corrupt governments, bioengineered bad-guys, or the harsh forces of nature-survival of the fittest takes a new twist! Teens, adults, and educators will savor this motivating cautionary tale about a real-life peril that may affect their own future.

Recommended Reading:
Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson
Max by James Patterson
School's Out Forever by James Patterson
The Angel Experiment by James Patterson
City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...