Thursday, December 12, 2013

Inkheart

Inkheart (Inkworld, #1)Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book took for.ever. to get moving. I'm glad I stuck with it because it really was a beautiful story. Very creative plot, interesting characters, and humor. A nice bit of fantasy for bookish nerds.

Synopsis: Twelve-year-old Meggie learns that her father, who repairs and binds books for a living, can "read" fictional characters to life when one of those characters abducts them and tries to force him into service.      


Recommended Reading:
Inkspell by Cornelia Funke
Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke
The Golum's Eye by Jonathan Stroud
The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud
The People of Sparks by Jeanne DuPrau
Magyk by Angie Sage               

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...