When it came to books this year, I was a big loser. Big, fat, hairy, hand in my pants loser. I set a goal of 50 books - just under a book a week - and I ended with 31. I blame the internet and life. But mostly the internet.
So, I'm trying to find my Year of Happiness - because 2013 was NOT it (So.NOT.it.) - and thinking about what I want to do in 2014, what I have to do, and what I will probably end up doing. I don't want my goals to be too easy, but yet I don't want them to be too hard or too varied. But that's the problem with having a high I.Q. - my interests and abilities to learn are endless. I could be all over the board trying to conquer my physical, spiritual, educational, and career. I'd be exhausted by the end of the day. So, here's what I already have going on for sure in 2014:
- Church Secretary (requires approx. 2 hours/week)
- Committee Chair (time requirement unknown)
- Youth Group (10 hours/week, including 1 hour class + baking)
- Full-time job (including at least one trip to China in 2014)
- Home Business Pangea Organics (time requirement unknown)
- Two weekly newspaper columns (time requirement unknown)
Here's the "Extras" I'd like to accomplish in 2014:
- Read the Bible. The ENTIRE Bible.
- Read some books.
- Run a 5k.
- Get back into Yoga once a week.
- Finish an Engineering class.
- Take a Language class.
- Get my finances under control.
- No-Spend January, April, July, and October.
- Travel: NYC is at the top of my list.
Sometimes, I'm really good at making things harder than they need to be. I'll get back to you on what I figure out in the next few days. If you have any suggestions, please post them!