Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Blackened Chicken and Beans

It's been so long since I actually made this, I'm having a hard time remembering what worked and what didn't... I think this might have been too spicy for The Diva (don't you just love her photo bomb?) and when/if I make it again I'll cut the spices. It made a lot of corn and beans so I would also cut back on those amounts as well.

2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 tbsp canola oil
15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 cup chunky salsa

Combine chili powder, salt and pepper; rub over both sides of chicken. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees F. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.

Add the beans, corn and salsa to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Transfer to a serving dish; serve with chicken.

Garnish with sour cream and chips.

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...