Saturday, October 6, 2012

Todd's Best Ever Margarita

I received this recipe from a co-worker. I personally wouldn't call it the "best ever" margarita - it was a little too boozy for me. Next time I'm in the mood I will probably try it without the beer. (Or maybe without the Tequila and call it a Beergarita? Hmmmm....)

And before you even ask... when it comes to Tequila, here's the rules.

If you're drinking it straight, buy the spendy stuff.
If you're mixing it, buy the cheapest bottle you can find.

Ice to desired coldness
12 oz can 7Up (or other lemon lime soda)
12 oz beer (recommend Modelo or Dos Equis)
6 oz (1/2 can) limeade concentrate thawed
6 oz Tequila

The first time I made this, I didn't really think about it and put it in the blender... it took me a week to get it cleaned off my cabinets. Due to carbonation in the beer and soda, I strongly urge you to follow these instructions...

Use a container that will hold all the ingredients and leave approximately 1/2 the container empty for headroom and has a tight fitting lid. I fill my container halfway with ice, but use as much or little ice as you like. Pour ingredients in order into container, place lid securely on container and GENTLY shake to mix.

Pour over shaved ice or ice cubes to serve.

This makes quite a bit of drink, so make sure you're able to drink all of it or have friends to help you!

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...