Sunday, October 14, 2012

Banana Bread in ABM

This is the first banana bread in a bread machine recipe I've seen that comes out very moist. A favorite with The CofC.

1/3 cup + 1 tbsp buttermilk (I used 1/3 cup + 1tbsp water and 1-1/2 tbsp buttermilk powder)*
1/2 cup butter, cut into chunks for easier mixing
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 mashed bananas
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
2 cups bread flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda

All ingredients should be at room temperature. Place ingredients in bread machine on quick bread or cake cycle. (I used quick bread on medium crust and it seemed to cook the bread too thoroughly in some places so a lighter crust option may get better results.)

*I have also used 1/3 cup milk + 1 tbsp vinegar.

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...