Sunday, March 4, 2012

Gruyere-Rosemary Beer Bread

I made this so long ago... the picture was taken at the apartment! I also can't remember where I got the recipe(s) from to give credit back. But look at the cute little Diva hand in the picture!

I like this bread alot. ALOT. I didn't really like that the cheese alone cost $5. [I've mentioned that I'm cheap, right?] I'd like to play with this recipe a little bit to see if I could find a less expensive substitution, but I haven't gotten around to it. But then I guess it would just be cheese-rosemary bread... Also, the original recipe recommended New Belgium's Blue Paddle Pilsner-Lager, but I used regular ole Miller Lite. The next time I head into Dempsey's, I'm picking up a few of their micro-brews and giving these bread recipes another go.

3 cups self-rising flour
3 tbsp sugar
12 oz. room temperature beer [recommended New Belgium's Blue Paddle Pilsner-Lager]
1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese and 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
melted butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5" loaf pan with shortening.

Stir together flour and sugar. Add the beer and stir until combined. Add cheese and rosemary, gently mixing until combined.

Spoon into prepared loaf pan and bake 1 hour. Remove immediately from pan and place on a cooling rack over a cookie sheet. Brush the top with melted butter.

Other Variations Include:
Plain
Orange Nutmeg
Cinnamon Chocolate Chip

Found the source! Bake @350

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...