Friday, May 27, 2011

Oh Good Grief!

I'm going to be honest here. I don't have my sh*t together. Things have come so far unglued that I can't even pretend to have my sh*t together. I'm hoping this 4-day weekend will be enough to help me get back on track. Starting with laundry (The Spawn is currently pants-less because I haven't done laundry all week, oops) and housework. Hopefully I'll have menu planning and grocery shopping done Saturday and then Sunday and Monday I can spend at the lake with The Diva and BB relaxing with a book (hopefully two).

So... books currently on the list:
Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade I'm still working my way through this one. It's picked up the pace a little bit which has helped. It will still be a good two weeks before I finish it though.

The Book of Joe A great read so far, very funny and emotionally involving.

Embassytown I haven't started it yet, but I need to.

The Ginger Tree the Book Club selection for June/July that I need to start. The summary is reminding me of The Private Papers of Eastern Jewel, so I'm hoping that it's a good read.

ETA: These Things Hidden I forgot that I have this ebook on loan from the library...

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...