Thursday, April 4, 2013

Haunting Jasmine

Haunting JasmineHaunting Jasmine by Anjali Banerjee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was not what I expected. (Now that I've finished the book, I'm not sure what I was expecting, actually.) I devoured this book in one day. It's like picking up a Sarah Addison Allen book - easy to read and a complete step away from reality. What I love about books like this is that they have all the realism of life with that little twist of magic that after the book is finished I think to myself, "That couldn't happen, but wouldn't it be great if it could!" This book is highly recommended for entertainment and enchantment.

Synopsis: A call from the past brings divorcee Jasmine Mistry home to Shelter Island to run her beloved aunt's bookstore, which has always been rumored to be haunted. With that knowledge, Jasmine embarks on a mystical journey, urged along by her quirky family, and guided by the highly emotional spirits of long-dead authors. Surprisingly, she finds herself moved to heal her broken heart when she falls unexpectedly in love with an enigmatic young stranger.


Recommended Reading:
Enchanting Lily by Anjali Banerjee
Dreaming in English by Laura Fitzgerald
Evenfall by Liz Michalski
Imaginary Men by Anjali Banerjee
Keys to the Castle by Donna Ball
The Reluctant Matchmaker by Shobhan Bantwal

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...