Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows

A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows (Outlander, #8.5)A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows by Diana Gabaldon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a great short story, although it left me aching and frustrated. I really wanted Roger to not be an orphan, to have his dad there somewhere. There is a reference in the story to Jamie and Roger (that I guess happened during An Echo in The Bone, but I've read that twice and can't place the event) which is a bittersweet reunion of sorts. This is a beautiful little bit of Outlander trivia.

Synopsis: Orphaned during World War II, Roger believed that his mother died during the London Blitz, and that his father, an RAF pilot, was killed in combat. But in An Echo in the Bone, Roger discovers that this may not be the whole story.

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...