Saturday, June 2, 2012

Dreams of a Dark Warrior

Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark, #11)Dreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book was hard to read - even though I finished it in a few days. My main problem was that I don't like the heroine. Regin is one of my least favorite characters in this series. I'm not sure what it is I don't like - maybe the teenage smartassed attitude? - and getting inside her head was a challenge. This story had some very graphic gore scenes. The kind of stuff that gives me nightmares. The erotic storyline wasn't a key part of the story as it has been in the past books. So why did I truck through this book? The hero really held this story together for me. I have a fascination for stories about past lives, and the hero was a reincarnation. He was also seriously flawed, less than perfect, so REAL. And also, what is that vampire Lothaire up to?

Synopsis: Murdered before he could wed Regin the Radiant, warlord Aidan the Fierce seeks his beloved through eternity, reborn again and again into new identities, yet with no memory of his past lives. Murdered before he could wed Regin the Radiant, warlord Aidan the Fierce seeks his beloved through eternity, reborn again and again into new identities, yet with no memory of his past lives. Yet every reincarnation comes with a price, for Aidan is doomed to die when he remembers his past. To save herself from Declan’s torments, will Regin rekindle memories of the passion they once shared—even if it means once again losing the only man she could ever love?

Recommended Reading:
Deep Kiss of Winter by Kresley Cole
The Darkest Secret by Gena Showalter
Eternal Rider by Larissa Lone
How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper
This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
On the Hunt by Gena Showalter
Demon from the Dark by Kresley Cole

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...