Friday, June 29, 2012

Chicken Fajitas

Here's an update on one of the first recipes featured on the blog. I used to make this in a pan, but since I bought a George Foreman wanna be grill a few years ago, I make them on there. I put the chicken and veg's on at the same time (in batches) so the flavors meld together.

Mild, kid friendly fajitas: (pictured)
Lime Chops marinade

Spicy, adult-sized fajitas:
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
dash of chili powder

3 chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
1/2 bag frozen peppers & onion mix (or 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper and 1 white onion if fresh)
soft tortillas
guacamole
sour cream
taco sauce
salsa
shredded cheese

If using frozen veg's, warm through in skillet and drain onto paper towels.

For marinated chicken, follow directions as with Lime Chops.
For adult-sized flavoring, place chicken in sealable plastic bag, add spices, seal and shake until thoroughly coated.

Heat olive oil in skillet on medium-high heat, add chicken. When chicken is completely browned, add veggies. (If using fresh, I like to heat until warm but keep the "crunch".) Allow veggies to heat through, stirring often.

Serve on tortillas and garnished as desired.

It's a meal all by itself, but if you need to add more, I like to serve this with a simple fruit mix.

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...