Sunday, February 5, 2012

Apple Spiced Pork

First, I apologize for the bokeh-like photography. I'm still getting used to the new camera. I'm not sure if it's not as good as my old camera or my limited photography skills render the new camera useless. Bear with me, folks.

Second, this recipe didn't live up to expectations. Partly my fault because if I had read and thought about the recipe, I would have realized it's pork, apples, etc. in BEEF gravy. Too much of a mix for my tastes. The Boyfriend thought it smelled awesome while it was cooking, but he'd already eaten supper so didn't try it. Another recipe that won't be going on the menu again, but I'm going to share it anyways.

2 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
1 lb pork tenderloin cut into 1/2" slices
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 tbsp chopped onion
1 tbsp canola oil
2 medium tart apples, chopped
1/3 cup raisins
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
4-1/2 tsp cornstarch
14 oz (approximately) can beef broth
2 tbsp chopped walnuts

Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown pork with celery and onion in oil; drain. Add the apples, raisins, brown sugar, seasoned salt and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until pork is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.

In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; gradually add to the pork mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with noodles. Sprinkle with walnuts.

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...