Sunday, January 8, 2012

Mom's Banana Bread

My mom makes the best banana bread. Hands down. The recipe is a family secret, so this may be my last post as I'm sure I will need to go into Witness Protection - if my mom doesn't kill me first. Joking aside, this really is the best banana bread ever. My Aunt Pickle will break her "meat only" diet for this bread. I'd also like to apologize for the overdone appearance of the bread, I heard the timer go off and was in the middle of something else... 15 minutes later, I remembered...

1/2 cup shortening [mom uses Blue Bonnet, I use butter if I don't have BB]
2 mashed bananas
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350 degs. Grease and flour bread pan.

Mix ingredients in order until smooth. [Fine, if you want to, cream the shortening, bananas, eggs and sugar then gradually add the flour, baking soda and salt, slowly add milk during each flour addition.]

Pour into bread pan and bake for 1 hour.

Cool on wire rack.

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...