Sunday, January 29, 2012

Apple Brickle Dip

This is one of the first recipes I posted, and honestly I haven't made it since then. It was time for a face lift and a recipe tweak. I've been on the hunt for a fruit dip to encourage The Spawn to eat more fruit - possibly even a bigger variety of fruit.

I remember this recipe being really thick and hard to scoop up with the apples slices, so I thinned it with a bit of milk. I also cut back on the amount of toffee bits used, I felt it was too much. The final verdict... the kids didn't like it, but I loved it! This may make an appearance at an office treat day, but probably not at home.

1 pkg (8 oz.) softened cream cheese
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp milk [can be adjusted if you want a thicker or thinner dip]
1 pkg (7-1/2 oz) almond brickle chips, or 10 oz English toffee bits [that said, I used 1/3 cup Heath toffee bits]
apple slices

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugars and vanilla. Add milk if desired. Fold in brickle/toffee chips.

Chill for 1 hour before serving with apples. Keep leftovers refrigerated.

Recipe from Taste of Home Good Food Kids Love Oct 2006

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...