Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Year In Review

Reading Goal: 45 Achieved: 57
TBR Shelf: 25      Achieved: Way.too.many.


I confess. I'm not sure what happened to my TBR shelf. It kind of exploded on me. Maybe buying Oddo the Nook wasn't such a great idea? [nodding and listening] Yeah, you're right, Oddo was an awesome idea. Anyways, I'll keep working on the TBR shelf for 2012.


Reading Goal: 47
TBR Shelf: 5 on Oddo
                   30 on physical shelf


Favorites from 2011: This was a little tough. I didn't read much that truly stood out in my head. It was the year of mediocre reading. A few books that stood out a little more than the rest:


A Town Like Alice was a surprise find. A book I thoroughly enjoyed and wish I had kept in my personal collection for a future re-read.


The Weird Sisters was entertaining and very real to me. I recommend it for anyone who has sisters.


Beat the Reaper was another surprise find. Amazing writing all the way to the end.


The Help was a great book that pulled me out of a reading slump.


The Ape House was another great book by an author who is quickly becoming one of my favorites.


I can't help but mention Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, it was a fun fun book that I can't wait to share with The Spawn.

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...