Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Last Summer (of you and me)

The Last Summer of You and MeThe Last Summer of You and Me by Ann Brashares

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

As a fan of The Traveling Pants series, I wanted to really like this book. I struggled reading it. I found it depressing. The character relationships were too distant and complicated for me to understand. The one character I wanted to get to know and understand wasn't given much of a plot.

Pub. Date: June 2007


Synopsis: Set on Long Island's Fire Island, The Last Summer (of You and Me) is an enchanting, heartrending page-turner about sisterhood, friendship, love, loss, and growing up. It is the story of a beach community friendship triangle-Riley and Alice, two sisters in their twenties, and Paul, the young man they've grown up with-and what happens one summer when budding love, sexual curiosity, a sudden serious illness, and a deep secret all collide, launching the friends into an adult world from which their summer haven can no longer protect them.

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...