Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 in Review

Wow. Is it over already? Well, let's take a look at what got accomplished in 2009.  I had a book goal of 60 books and finished the year with 61. I also had a goal to cut my TBR shelf in half. That didn't happen. I did manage to drop the number from 69 to 51, so as long as the problem isn't worse... Oh, and those books I'm hiding in my closet? Still there.

For 2010 I'm not setting the bar too high. My books read goal is 61. I'd like to get my TBR shelf down to 30. I'd also like to get rid of all the books in my closet, but I'll settle for getting rid of one tote at the annual library benefit sale. And now, on with the book reviews.

I started out the year with Thirteen Moons by Charles Frazier. I'm holding this as one of the favorites for the year. I often find myself remembering passages and calling to mind scenes from the book. To me, that's the mark of a good book.

The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer caught me by surprise. I read the series twice during the year and enjoyed it both times. I'll be re-reading them again in 2010.

The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning. Even though I have two books left in this series, I have complete confidence that they'll live up to my expectations. The Fever Series brought KMM back to the business of writing and I look forward to becoming a fan again.

And finally, my favorite for the year: Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain. I can't say enough about this book. I can't wait to read more by this guy.

I can't wait to see what 2010 is going to bring for surprises!

1 comment:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I have not read any books by Gabaldron (weird huh?)

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...