Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Potato Chip Chicken Strips

This recipe sounds like it should be a winner - I mean, seasoned sour cream, potato chips and chicken? What's not to love?! - but didn't win over our household. I'm not sure what didn't work. I know for me the chicken came out really dry, perhaps the baking temp is too high. The Spawn has a natural aversion to real chicken so his thumbs down vote wasn't surprising, but even The Diva passed on these. Maybe a good thing as this recipe isn't the healthiest I've ever seen...

1 cup sour cream
1/8 tsp garlic salt [used garlic powder]
1/8 tsp onion salt [used onion powder]
1/8 tsp paprika
12 oz pkg potato chips, crushed
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" strips
1/4 cup butter, melted

In a shallow bowl, combine sour cream and seasonings. Place crushed potato chips in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken strips in sour cream mixture, then coat with potato chips.

Place in a greased baking pan with sides. Drizzle with putter. Bake at 400 degs for 20-22 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.

Serve with favorite dipping sauce.

Recipe from Taste of Home Good Food Kids Love Oct 2006

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...