Friday, August 7, 2020

Recipe of the Week: Batata Harra

 I was looking for something different to do with potatoes, and this recipe satisfied my need for flavor. The only thing I will do different is cut my potatoes smaller.

Batata Harra

6 medium-sized potatoes (original recipe said peeled, but I didn't)

1 cup water

3 TBSP olive oil

2 garlic cloves, minced

2 tsp coriander seeds (1 tsp ground)

1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

2 tsp ground turmeric

1 lime, juiced

1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (I used 1 tbsp dried)

1 cup fresh parsley, chopped (I used 1 tbsp dried)

1 cup fresh dill, chopped (I used 1/2 tbsp dried)

Salt & Pepper


Quarter and boil potatoes. I used my instant pot, placing my potatoes in the pot, covering with 1 cup water, sprinkled with a good bit of salt (1tsp or a bit more), and using the rice setting to cook.

Cool potatoes. This would be a good time to cut into smaller bite sized potatoes.

Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet on medium heat. Add garlic, red pepper flakes and coriander seeds. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.

Stir in lime juice and turmeric. Toss in the potatoes and stir gently to coat potatoes. Add 1/2 of the cilantro, parsley and dill. Cook for 4 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Remove from heat and top with more red pepper flakes, and the remainder of the cilantro, parsley and dill.

Serve warm or at room temperature.

This was delicious served with hamburgers. I would also enjoy this with a nice egg, toast and bacon breakfast.

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...