Saturday, June 13, 2015

The Map of Time

The Map of TimeThe Map of Time by Félix J. Palma
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This book was tough for me. I struggled through the beginning, started to get into the story, and then it changed. Then it changed again. It changed so much I just became bored through it. It didn't really seem to be going anywhere very fast, so I put it down about halfway through and just couldn't pick it back up.

The writing style is a bit stiff, which may be a translation issue as I don't think the book was originally written in English. The characters are amusing in their arrogance. Their best qualities appear to be their downfall. I might have finished this book if it had stopped going on and on. The summary of the book provided is not even close to the story line.



Summary: Characters real and imaginary come vividly to life in this whimsical triple play of intertwined plots, in which a skeptical H. G. Wells is called upon to investigate purported incidents of time travel and to save lives and literary classics, including Dracula and The Time Machine, from being wiped from existence.

What happens if we change history?

Felix J. Palma explores this provocative question, weaving a historical fantasy as imaginative as it is exciting; a story full of love and adventure that transports readers from a haunting setting in Victorian London to a magical reality where centuries collide and a writer's mind seems to pull at all the strings.

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...