Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Things that I Currently Heart

So, here's a few things that I am currently in lurve! lurve! lurve! with.

1. My clean house. Er, well, my cleaner house. It's not immaculate and you can't eat off the floors, and there's still stuff creeping down from upstairs, but it is a far cry from the disaster it has been for the last two years. It's so nice to have that bit of sanity back. I've tackled things on the to do list, calling in the professionals when I needed to, and while there's still a long ways to go, I feel like my house is my own again.

2. GoodReads mobile app. They re-did the whole thing and I love it! Book scanning is awe.some. I moved my TBR list over there and it seems to be happy. Now if paperbackswap would just get in the game with an app, my life would be complete a mess. My TBR list is a disaster. I tried to fill an empty spot inside me with books. I "only" accumulated 40 books - no where near the 1000+ books I had circa 2006 - but it's really 30 books more than I should have gotten. I've got a handle on the empty spot, but I still need to figure out what to do about the TBR problem.

3. Spring weather. Windows open, sunshine, green stuff starting grow in the lawn, longer daylight hours, it's good stuff. I have needed this season change. Winter was not good for me. Winter was cold and colorless. Winter was empty. Winter sucked. I'm ready for warmer weather.

4. Moving on. It came suddenly, and rather viciously (for him), but the hurt is just a small raw spot on the inside. It's healing and scarring over. How ugly the scar is is yet to be seen. I've tried dating, but I'm not sure it's for me yet. I may try to reclaim the Summer of Sherry, or maybe I'll just sit this one out.

5. Traveling. I get Five weeks of PTO every year. This year I've already slated 3 weeks to do some fun things. Week One is coming quickly: I'm heading off to Bangalore, India! I'm so excited to go, I pee my pants when I think about it. Week Two is my annual "staycation" where I hang at home with my kids and then serve food to the VBS kids in the evening. I love it. It's good fun. Week Three is a 24 hour bus ride to Knoxville, TN to hang out with 6000 teenagers for a week. Very cool.

6. Soap. I'm learning how to make it (among other fun hippie stuff). I've tentatively revived my cooking blog to show off a few of my concoctions. I'll also get back to cooking food, but it may not be on the blog right away.

Writing is... on hold at the moment. I'll get there again. Right now I'm just finding my balance. I signed up for a writing class in June because I need a jump start and taking two classes is on my resolutions list, so there's one down.

I am so in love with my life right now! This is a good thing. A very very good thing.

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...