Thursday, September 13, 2012

I Will Survive

I Will SurviveI Will Survive by Samantha Connolly
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

As far as short romance stories go, this one was pretty good. The characters seemed well-rounded, although the plot seemed to center mostly on the heroine, I felt I never got to know the hero. Story line was something like Survivor but on a smaller scale. Secondary characters were a bit flat. Still a fun read.

Synposis: When mild-mannered librarian Jessie Banks ends up as a finalist on the hot reality TV show Survive This!, her whole world turns upside down. "Stranded" on a tropical island with Nick Garrett - a hunk of a host - and two other competitors, she's thousands of miles from home, with only her humor, her smarts and the contents of a clutch bag to help her win a million dollars.

Will she survive the scheming producer's ways, tricky challenges, secret cameras, the theatrics of the other contestants and Nick's charm and dirty good looks? Well, with her book knowledge, paractical skills and blossoming confidence, everyone else just might be surprised.

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...