Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Burgandy Steak

Another recipe that turned out fast and easy! Everyone liked this recipe alot, it will probably make another appearance as a freezer meal. I did make a change to the recipe because I don't care for the taste of wine and substitued beef broth. Apple juice would make a nice substitution as well. There weren't enough noodles, so I would increase the noodles for next time.

1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp paprika
1lb beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1" strips
1 tbsp canola oil [I did use a little more during frying to keep my pan from drying out]
10-1/2 oz can condensed French onion soup, undiluted
1/2 cup burgandy wine or beef broth
3 cups hot cooked egg noodles [my family needs more than this]

In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and paprika. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.

In a large skillet, brown beef in oil. Add soup and wine [broth]; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and sauce is thickened.

Serve with noodles.

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...