Friday, July 8, 2011

Speak

SpeakSpeak by Laurie Halse Anderson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked this book alot. It was a fast read, even though I started it and then put it down for three weeks. It was perfect teenage sarcasm while dealing a serious issue. There were times I was frustrated with the main character - Just spit it out and tell someone! - and times that I cried for her. What made me angry was the parents in this story, there was obviously something wrong with their daughter and they made zero effort to be involved with her.

View all my reviews

Synopsis: When Melinda Sordino's friends discover she called the police to quiet a party, they ostracize her, turning her into an outcast -- even among kids she barely knows. But even worse than the harsh conformity of high-school cliques is a secret that you have to hide.

Recommended Reading:
Missippippi Trial 1955 by Chris Crowe
Catalyst by Laurie Halse Anderson
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
The First Part Last by Angela Johnson

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...