Saturday, April 9, 2011

Shrinking The Monster In The Closet

This weekend I'm tackling my monster in the closet.

My library has an annual book sale of donated books. It's the perfect opportunity for me to empty a few boxes and totes. I've done this book sale once before - about three years ago - and it was perfect. I grabbed a couple boxes of books, dropped them off and forgot about it. I had the best intentions two years ago, I had six boxes (SIX!!) boxed up and ready to go... and then The Spawn and I came down with influenza B (or maybe it was A, I don't remember) and died for a week. Last year I was in China during the donation week.

This year though, I'm doing it. I've already gone through my posted books on paperbackswap.com and removed anything pre-2009. With the exception of my Harlequin Flipsides. These are quick little reads (125 pages) and very entertaining. I've read a few in the series and even though it's been three years since I contemplated picking up the rest of them, I just can't seem to bring myself to part with them. Maybe next year.

Anyways, I've brought down the monster from 73 books to 52. Just as soon as I get off my duffer and actually box the books up and put them in my car. This means that my book monster is dangerously close to being smaller than my TBR monster. Hopefully once I'm finished with this school semester I won't lose my motivation to read [homework avoidance] and can really kick some butt.

In the meantime, I'm trying to
  1. finish up the book that The Spawn's counselor gave me a year ago
  2. read the eBook I borrowed from the library
  3. read the book club selection for April
  4. work on my final project for the semester (class officially ends 4/29)
That's a lot of reading.

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...