Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Neglecting The Bookshelves Self-Challenge

Problem #1: Between family, work and school I have been burning the candles at both ends. Reading has been a struggle. I've been slogging through a book The Spawn's counselor gave me. It's currently had a home on the back of the couch for a week now, waiting for it to read itself. I have failed for the second month in a row to finish the book club read. I'm heart broken. I was (and still am) excited to read this book. I'm embarassed because I was the moderator, no less. I haven't even been keeping up on book blogs.

Problem #2: I'm not doing well on my book ban. I stalled out a little by picking up two library reads for my Nook and then had a few wishlist books come in from paperbackswap.com. And I may have added a Free Book Friday selection to my Nook as well... but I haven't BOUGHT anything new.

Today I turned in my final school assignment and took my final. I'm off until August. I'm hoping that this will fix both the problems mentioned above. My TBR list is currently at 48 books, my 2011 goal is to get it down below 25. So, maybe I'm a little crazy here but I'm going to try to read 24 books in 4 months. Really, that's only 6 books a month, or roughly 1.5 books a week. I imagine I'll have rough spots where reading is slow, but I'm feeling pretty confident.

This week's goals:
  • Finish reading The Explosive Child. Due date: Friday. Review due Saturday
  • Finish reading The Glass Castle. Due date: Monday. Review due Wednesday
  • Select Week One's two books. Due date: Monday.

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...