Sunday, February 20, 2011

Stuck!

There seems to be a log jam in my reading lately. I'm having a hard time sitting down to read, simply because I have so much to do. Here's my current list of Must Reads:
  • Text book for school. I'm trying to get a little bit ahead of the reading and quiz process so that I can focus on research and writing the next speech. It was working for me until I hit the current chapter. It's long and detailed and BORING. Done reading until after spring break. I messed up my dates and missed the quiz completely.
  • The Sorrows of Young Werther. I've been reading this since... oh, last August. Not that it's dull writing, it's very heavy writing, which makes me only want to read in 2-5 page increments. Now I'm to the point though where I need to get it done - partly to get it crossed off the list and partly because I'm starting to forget what happened in the beginning of the book.
  • Something Rotten and First Among Sequels. I really want to finish this series. I don't regret re-reading the series as there was a lot I had forgotten.
  • The Shack. Need to read this for book club. I'm dreading it. DREADING IT.
  • The Glass Castle. Looking forward to reading this one for book club. Fortunately the discussion won't be until April so I have plenty of time.
  • The United States of Arugula. Need to read this for online book club.
  • Behavior Mismatch. A book I need to read for work. My new job is taking me further into a department of men who think either 1) if you're not an engineer you're an idiot or b) if you're an engineer and you don't have a penis you're an idiot. Either way, it's going to be tough for me to get along with these guys in the new job without some serious intervention. Hopefully this book will give me some insight.
  • The Lost Hero. [ebook] The Spawn and I are continuing on with Rick Riordan books.
And this doesn't even cover the books I want to read on Oddo (which is what I've named my Nook. Don't ask. It's better if you don't know.) who I've been seriously neglecting since his arrival. Well, no, I did read a sample of a book on it when it first arrived so I could check it out. The Spawn has been reading the Rick Riordan book on it. So I'm trying to catch up on reading "real" books so that I can start incorporating reading ebooks into my library.

All I can say is that it's a good thing I go on vacation next week and have no plans other than not going to work.

2 comments:

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

Everyone hates The Shack and I quite enjoyed it! The different outlook was refreshing and brought some clarity for me

What Book Today said...

I'm excited to hear what you think about The Glass Castle. I just ordered "Townie" by Andre Dubus III (wrote House of Sand & Fog).

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...