Saturday, December 4, 2010

Slow Going

I've been struggling with reading lately. Blame Farmville. Blame work. Blame the kids. Blame housework - no, on second thought, don't blame housework. I'm not doing much of that either. You could even blame The Boy, except I don't see him much either. Point is: I'm a busy girl. I'm not in the mood to read lately.

I'm way below my goal for the year, oh hells, this year is the least I've read in about six years - including the year that I worked two jobs and had a baby. Looking ahead to 2011, I don't see things getting better as I'm adding college and (hopefully crosses fingers and toes) buying a house.

I definitely did not achieve the "other" reading goal I had: re-reading Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series, the Twilight series or Dickens' Tale of Two Cities (one of my favorite books from high school English). I have, however managed to cut my TBR shelf down to under 30.

The elephant in the room is still the totes and boxes of books in my closet. Unfortunately this has grown into a few piles scattered around my bedroom as well. I put my book swapping account on hold in April and haven't made it active again. I will need to do something about this soon. I have no desire to move all of those books just to shove them into a closet.

I have a bit of thinking to do about what my goals will be for 2011 and how I want to accomplish them. For the next few weeks I'm going to try to read a little more (wish me luck - this is my last free weekend until mid-January) and then I should be back to fill you in on what I've decided!

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...