Sunday, June 20, 2010

Slow Going

Reading has been slow going this week. Reality has interfered with my life once again. Work has been very busy as I'm still catching up from two weeks off and preparing for another week off after the 4th. Baseball season has started for The Spawn of Satan. The Diva has become a swing addict, which means we spend most nights hanging out at the playground. In fact, as soon as I finish this post we'll be heading there.

I'm still reading Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott. I'm into it a little more now that I was in the first 50 pages or so. I'm hoping to finish it up by mid-week. I have two audiobooks, The Pact by Jodi Picoult and Lolita by that one guy who's name is right on the tip of my brain, to read [listen to] as they have hit the Been Around Too Long List. I'll be clearing off my mp3 player tonight and synching it. Maybe I can plug in and listen during work tomorrow.

What's next? I don't know. Eat Pray Love was supposed to be next on my list, but this week I received Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning. I'm feeling a little anxious to dig into this book even though the fifth book isn't due out until December. The Spawn has also been mildly harassing me to proof the Maximum Ride series to make sure they are suitable for him. The series was recommended by his teacher because of his age and his advanced reading level, but I still want to make sure that he isn't reading anything that is too mature for him.

I've also fallen behind on blog reading. I did some light catching up today, which has netted quite a few recommendations to my wishlist. So much for someday getting the opportunity to just randomly walk into my local bookstore and buy a book. (Oh wait. We no longer have a bookstore. *sigh*)

The Diva has left the building, which means it's officially time to wrap up this post.
Happy Reading!
Sherry

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...