Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Earthly Joys

Earthly Joys Earthly Joys by Philippa Gregory


My rating: 2 of 5 stars
This book had me, it so had me. And then the author threw a homosexual love scene into the middle of the book and it was done for me. Not that I have anything against homosexuals, or that I've never read a book with a similar theme, but in this case it was so out of line with what I felt the character would do it ruined the beauty of the story. I've tried several times to return to the book, but remain unable to finish it. In fact, I was so motivated by this author's failure to hold my attention, that I've removed all of her books from my TBR shelf.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...