Saturday, December 19, 2009

Temptation


The kids and I went to the library today. Usually at the library I only check out movies. I have 50+ books on my TBR shelf at home (courtesy of paperbackswap), I don't really have time to read a library book on top of everything else. Today my original intention was to check out Angels & Demons by Dan Brown as my friend seems to have lost the copy she planned to loan me.

I was sidetracked by the New Books shelf. Immediately a large volume grabbed me off my feet, shook me up and left me standing there breathless. An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon. How could I not check it out? There were so many reasons why I should, that the book was in my basket before I could really think twice about it. The book is on my wishlist, but considering my current position of 523 and the book has a whopping 814 pages... it'll be awhile before I see the copy from pbs. I also have an eleven (ELEVEN!!) day vacation beginning mid-week during which I will need something to do with insomniac self because I WON'T be working.

I am so excited to read this book, I cracked it open while I was waiting for the kids to pick their take-home reads. As always, DG starts the book right in the middle of the action and it's awesome. It's my goal for the weekend to finish Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly by Anthony Bourdain (which has been amazing) and be able to start *ahem* the next installment of DG's Outlander Series.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I am a huge fan of DG. I must admit that I wasn't aware that she came out with a new book. Definitely going to have to put it on my wish list! ~S~

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...