Friday, March 13, 2009

Knocked Up

Knocked Up: Confessions of a Hip Mother-to-be Knocked Up: Confessions of a Hip Mother-to-be by Rebecca Eckler


My review
rating: 2 of 5 stars
This book was like a pregnancy: It dragged on and on and then suddenly it was over. I'm torn between loving the book and hating it. There was a lot that I related to - guilt about not quitting smoking, crazy obsessions, and the mysterious body parts poking me from the inside (no, really, how do you know if that's a foot, an elbow or a third arm?) - and there was a lot that I found utterly ridiculous. In some ways, the author reminded me of Sophie Kinsella's 'Shopaholic' character: ridiculous and petty.

Pub. Date: March 2005

Synopsis: Rebecca Eckler is a popular newspaper columnist who lives the fabulous life and gets paid to write about it. So when a tipsy romp with her fiancé on the night of their lavish engagement party leaves her unexpectedly expecting, she is utterly at a loss. How will a woman who loves nothing more than a night out on the town sipping cocktails with her fellow party girls survive the pregnant life?

No comments:

Book Review: Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee

 Finished August 4, 2020 Book 11 of 20 Shadow Baby by Alison McGhee My rating: 1 of 5 stars I'm leaving this one unfinished, about h...